Fall At Marple Library: Curbside Pickup,Virtual Programs and More…
At this time the library building remains closed with no re-opening date however there is so much going on with your library. Please continue to check this site, Facebook and Instagram for updates of virtual programming and expanded services. Please do not come to the library until you have a confirmed date and time to pickup materials.
Staff is available by phone during the following hours to take requests or schedule a pickup. You may go to voicemail, please leave your name and a callback number:
- Monday through Thursday: 10am-1pm and 3pm-6pm
- Friday: 10am – 1pm and 3pm – 5pm
- Saturday 11am – 1pm
How long can items be checked-out?
- 3 weeks: Books, Books on CD, Playaways, CD-ROMs, Music CDs, Magazines, Informational DVDs.
- 7 days: TV Series & Children’s DVDs, Videogames
- 3 days: Feature Film DVDs
- 2 weeks: preloaded Kindles and Rokus
- 7 days: mobile hot spot
Need a library card? Go to https://charlotte.delco.lib.pa.us/selfreg
Would you like information about Libby? Wondering how to create a Facebook account? You can view great tutorials created by our Computer Assistant Graham for our patrons: https://marplelibrary.org/videos/
TEEN EDIBLE BOOK FESTIVAL!!! Join our Virtual Teen Edible Book Festival to celebrate Banned Book Week (Sept 27-Oct 3 2020). All entries are due by Sept 25th. For more information and official rules visit https://marplelibrary.org/teens/ediblebookfestival/ Any questions, feel free to email email@example.com.
Children’s Program: Join us for a fun fall on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/marplelibrary/
T’ai Chi Chih: Please join us Thursdays Sept 10th through Oct 1st for virtual T’ai Chi Chih. Accredited Instructor Kathleen McAllister will lead a class you can do along with her from the comfort of your home. At 1:00pm on these dates, go to https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7vSHl07vPR565pgGV_HDVg/live
Teens, join us Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays at 6pm for Online Vampire Games: 6pm to 8pm, we are running an online vampire game for ages 14-18. If you are a teen and interested just email our Teen Programming Specialist Amber Timlin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Teen Zine: Thank you to our teen volunteers for this awesome offering. Check out crafts, recipes, historical articles, coloring pages for kids and book reviews! Keep checking for more at https://marplelibrary.org/teens/teen-zine/
You may now request items from Marple Library and other libraries in Delaware County by logging into your library account. The building remains closed, curbside pickup is by appointment.
- Contact Marple Library to place a hold on an item.
- We strongly recommend you submit requests through your library card online account. This will help to keep lines free for call backs and to schedule appointments.
- You can call to request items by telephone: Reference Desk (484) 427-8115 or Circulation (484) 427-8114 or (484) 427-8116.
- Please leave just your name and phone number on our voicemail and we will return your call. Please do not leave your request.
- Staff will be available during the following hours to take requests or schedule a pickup. You may go to voicemail, please leave your name and a callback number: Monday through Thursday, 10am-1pm and 3pm-6pm, Friday 10am – 1pm and 3pm – 5pm and Saturday 11am – 1pm.
- You may request up to 10 items at a time when ordering online or by phone.
- To see what is available go to the catalog
- Please let us know if someone else will be picking up your items for you.
- For ideas of what is available please check out this page made just for you by our library staff: https://marplelibrary.org/wondering-what-to-read/
- Schedule your curbside appointment.
- Pick up times will be: Tuesday through Thursday 11 am – 1pm and 4pm – 6pm Fridays 11am – 1pm and 3:30pm – 5:30pm and Saturdays 11am to 1pm. Please do not come to the library until you have your specific pickup time and date.
- When you order online you will receive an email notification that your items are READY FOR PICKUP, schedule pickup by calling the library at 484-427-8114 or 484-427-8116. If you get voicemail, please leave your name and a callback number. If you do not have an email associated with your account, we will call you to arrange a pickup time.
- Pick up your items at the designated waiting spot in front of the library.
- Please observe social distancing guidelines and wear a mask when you arrive at the library.
- There will be signs to direct you.
- If driving, park in a space and walk up to the designated area. Do not pull up in front of the building.
- If not driving, please wait in the same designated spot as drivers.
- No need to call, staff will check the waiting spot during appointments.
- Library staff will ask for your name and the last four digits of your telephone number.
- Staff will place your bagged items on the table and move away.
- Please wait for staff to move at least 6 feet away before you retrieve your items.
****PLEASE NOTE: Per county policy, fines over $20 must be paid in order to check out items. Fines can be paid online by logging into your library account.
Numbers to call if you have questions:
- To schedule or make a change to your curbside appointment time: 484-427-8114 or 484-427-8116 (Circulation)
- For Reference questions or to add/update your email address: 484-427-8115 (Reference Librarian)
We thank you for your patience as we try to fulfill your holds and schedule your Curbside Pickup Appointments in the safest way possible.
OUTSIDE MATERIAL RETURNS:
- At certain hours you may see a table to place your returns otherwise the outside book drops and AV drops will be open.
- We are accepting returns of all library materials, including inter-library loans.
- As the materials are returned, they will be placed in quarantine so it may take up to a week for a return to reflect on your account.
Book Donations: We are not currently accepting book donations.
Access many resources, including Reference USA, Brainfuse (one-on-one tutoring, homework help, and resources for job seekers as well as veterans), Ancestry Library, Power Library, Newsbank (which includes free access to the Delaware County Daily Times and Philadelphia Inquirer), and for our littlest members, TumbleBooks. All of these are available at no cost with your library card and can be accessed on www.delcolibraries.org.
Please keep us in mind if you are shopping on Amazon.
AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service. Just click on https://smile.amazon.com/ch/23-2505031 to designate Marple Library when you shop and Amazon will donate a portion of proceeds to the library. Thank you in advance!!!
Marple is the first library in Delco to earn PA Forward Gold Star!
Marple Library Earns PA Forward Gold Star: PA Forward is a statewide initiative under the PA Library Association (PaLA) that places the spotlight on Pennsylvania libraries and their important role in the community. By proving that we promote the five literacies that are the backbone of PA Forward (Basic, Information, Civic and Social, Health and Financial) we’ve earned the gold star.
Picture with Commissioner Liaison Dan Leefson and Marple Library Director LaTanya Burno during the Marple Township Board of Commissioners meeting recognizing this achievement.
During our August 9th celebration we were honored with a Certificate of Recognition from the Office of Senator Kearney and a House of Representative Citation presented by State Representative Jennifer O’Mara. Congratulations to the amazing staff, Board of Directors, volunteers, donors and community partners who have made Marple Library a local favorite place.
Stay tuned for information about the postponed date for our Designer Bag Bingo!!!