You may request items from Marple Library and other libraries in Delaware County by logging into your library account.
1. Contact Marple Library to place a hold on an item.
- We strongly recommend you submit requests through your library card online account. This will help to avoid long response times for call backs.
- You can call to request items by telephone: Reference Desk (484) 427-8115 or Circulation (484) 427-8114 or (484) 427-8116.
- Staff is available by phone during the following hours to take requests or schedule a pickup: Monday through Thursday: 10am-1pm and 3pm-6pm, Friday: 10am – 1pm and 3pm – 5pm and Saturday 11am – 1pm
- Please leave just your name and phone number on our voicemail and we will return your call. Please do not leave your request.
- You may request up to 10 items at a time when ordering online or by phone.
- To see what is available go to the catalog
- Please let us know if someone else will be picking up your items for you.
- For ideas of what is available please check out this page made just for you by our library staff: https://marplelibrary.org/wondering-what-to-read/
2. Schedule your curbside appointment.
- When you order online you will receive an email notification that your items are READY FOR PICKUP, schedule pickup by calling the library at 484-427-8114 or 484-427-8116.
- If you get voicemail, please leave your name and number for a return call. If you do not have an email associated with your account, we will call you to arrange a pickup time.
- Pick up times will be:
- Monday through Thursday 11 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Fridays 11 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
3. Pick up your items at the designated waiting spot in front of the library.
- Please observe social distancing guidelines and wear a mask when you arrive at the library.
- There will be signs to direct you.
- If driving, park in a space and walk up to the designated area. Do not pull up in front of the building.
- If not driving, please wait in the same designated spot as drivers.
- No need to call, staff will check the waiting spot during appointments.
- Library staff will ask for your name and the last four digits of your telephone number.
- Staff will place your bagged items on the table and move away.
- Please wait for staff to move at least 6 feet away before you retrieve your items.
****PLEASE NOTE: Per county policy, fines over $20 must be paid in order to check out items. Fines can be paid online by logging into your library account.
Numbers to call if you have questions:
- To schedule or make a change to your curbside appointment time: 484-427-8114 or 484-427-8116 (Circulation)
- For Reference questions or to add/update your email address: 484-427-8115 (Reference Librarian)
We thank you for your patience as we try to fulfill your holds and schedule your Curbside Pickup Appointments in the safest way possible.