Calling all Teen Volunteers!
In an effort to meet the needs of our local teen patrons for volunteer hours, while remaining responsible in regards to the continuing pandemic, Marple Library has decided to offer volunteer hours in exchange for book reviews this summer.
- You must be between the ages 12-18
- The book, audio book, or graphic novel you review must be available through Marple Public Library or via Hoopla.
- Title must be suitable for a YA audience (no picture books or adult novels)
- Review should be at least 2 paragraphs, between 200-300 words total, and should have a brief synopsis of the plot. NO SPOILERS!
- Each review will be worth one (1) volunteer hour, with a maximum of ten (10) hours per patron.
After you submit your review using the form below, it will be reviewed by a librarian before being posted to the Teen Zine. Please allow 5-7 days for your submission to be approved.
Volunteer hours will be recorded and certificates with total hours issued as of August 31st, 2021. If you need additional information or forms filled out, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Resources for writing a great review
- How To Write a Book Review by Joanna Cutrara
- How to Write a Book Review: 6 Steps to Take by Adiba Jaigirdar
- How to Write a Book Review by Reedsy (Youtube video)