You may now request items from Marple Library and other libraries in Delaware County by logging into your library account instead of the previous google form. The building remains closed, curbside pickup is by appointment. Please do not come to the library until you have a confirmed date and time to pickup materials.
1. Contact Marple Library to place a hold on an item.
- We strongly recommend you submit requests through your library card online account. This will help to avoid long response times for call backs.
- You can call to request items by telephone: Reference Desk (484) 427-8115 or Circulation (484) 427-8114 or (484) 427-8116.
- Please leave just your name and phone number on our voicemail and we will return your call. Please do not leave your request.
- Staff will be available during the following hours to take requests or schedule an online pickup but you may experience busy phone lines or go right to voicemail: Monday through Thursday, 10am-1pm and 3pm-6pm, and Friday 10am – 1pm and 3pm – 5pm and Saturday 11am – 1pm.
- You may request up to 10 items at a time when ordering online or by phone.
- To see what is available go to the catalog
- Please let us know if someone else will be picking up your items for you.
- For ideas of what is available please check out this page made just for you by our library staff: https://marplelibrary.org/wondering-what-to-read/
2. Schedule your curbside appointment.
- Pick up times will be: Tuesday and Wednesday 11 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Fridays 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m and Saturdays 11am – 1pm.. Please do not come to the library for a pickup until you have a confirmed appointment with date and time.
- When you order online you will receive an email notification that your items are READY FOR PICKUP, schedule pickup by calling the library at 484-427-8114 or 484-427-8116. If you get voicemail, please leave your name and number for a return call. If you do not have an email associated with your account, we will call you to arrange a pickup time.
3. Pick up your items at the designated waiting spot in front of the library.
- Please observe social distancing guidelines and wear a mask when you arrive at the library.
- There will be signs to direct you.
- If driving, park in a space and walk up to the designated area. Do not pull up in front of the building.
- If not driving, please wait in the same designated spot as drivers.
- No need to call, staff will check the waiting spot during appointments.
- Library staff will ask for your name and the last four digits of your telephone number.
- Staff will place your bagged items on the table and move away.
- Please wait for staff to move at least 6 feet away before you retrieve your items.
4. Enjoy. All items will be checked out for a period of three weeks.
****PLEASE NOTE: Per county policy, fines over $20 must be paid in order to check out items. Fines can be paid online by logging into your library account.
Numbers to call if you have questions:
- To schedule or make a change to your curbside appointment time: 484-427-8114 or 484-427-8116 (Circulation)
- For Reference questions or to add/update your email address: 484-427-8115 (Reference Librarian)
We thank you for your patience as we try to fulfill your holds and schedule your Curbside Pickup Appointments in the safest way possible.