How do I get a library card?
You can register online by going to to https://charlotte.delco.lib.pa.us/selfreg
When the building is open you can visit the library to complete an application card and present a photo id along with proof of Delaware County residency. If you are not a Delaware County resident you must also present the library card from your home county.
How long can I have an item checked-out?
- 3 weeks: Books, Books on CD, Playaways, CD-ROMs, Music CDs, Magazines, Informational DVDs.
- 7 days: TV Series & Children’s DVDs, Videogames
- 3 days: Feature Film DVDs
- 2 weeks: preloaded Kindles and Rokus
- 7 days: mobile hot spot
Are there any fees to check out an item?
Effective January 2019 there are NO rental fees.
How can I renew or request items online?
Renew online by logging into your account using the barcode number on the back of your library card. You may also renew by calling the library at 610-356-1510.
What happens if my items are overdue?
Overdue fees are as follows:
- Materials for Adults: $0.25 per day per item
- Materials for Children: $0.10 per day per item
- DVDs for adults and children: $1.00 per day per item
- Book club bags: $3.00 per day
- Kindles and Rokus: $3.00 per day
- Museum Passes: $10.00 per day
How can I become a library volunteer?
Volunteers play an important role at our library, participating in many jobs that help to provide the public with excellent library service. From time to time we have a need for a particular task in various departments. At this time there are no volunteer openings. Please check back for future opportunities.
How do I contact someone at the township?
Township information is available here.